A COMPANY IS NOTHING WITHOUT THE PEOPLE, AND OUR PEOPLE ARE THE BEST. JUST ASK OUR CLIENTS.
Ready to Help You Eliminate All Your Silverfish Issues!
Silverfish are small, wingless insects that are typically found in dark, damp areas of homes and buildings. They are known for their silvery scales and quick movements and are often considered a nuisance by homeowners and business owners alike.
At City Wide Exterminating, we are experts in silverfish control and prevention. Our team has years of experience dealing with silverfish infestations, and we know the best ways to eliminate these pests from your property.
Why Do You Have Silverfish in Your Home?
Several factors may contribute to the presence of silverfish in your home. Understanding these factors can help you address the root causes and implement effective control measures.
Here are some common reasons why you might have silverfish in your home:
- High Humidity: Silverfish thrive in environments with high humidity levels. If your home has excessive moisture, whether due to leaks, poor ventilation, or high humidity climates, it creates an ideal habitat for silverfish.
- Leaky Pipes or Roof: Silverfish are attracted to damp areas, and water leaks provide the perfect conditions for their survival. Inspect and promptly repair any leaky pipes, faucets, or roof areas to reduce moisture.
- Improper Ventilation: Inadequate ventilation can lead to stagnant air and increased humidity. Ensure proper airflow in your home, especially in areas like basements and attics, to discourage silverfish infestations.
- Clutter and Untidiness: Silverfish thrive in dark, undisturbed areas with hiding spots. Clutter provides hiding places and can make it difficult to detect and eliminate these pests. Regular cleaning and decluttering can help reduce their hiding spots.
- Food Sources: Silverfish feed on a variety of materials, including carbohydrates, sugars, and starches found in paper, cardboard, clothing, and even food crumbs. Improperly stored food, unsealed pantry items, and accessible crumbs can attract silverfish.
- Cardboard and Paper Storage: Silverfish are known to consume paper and cardboard. If you have stored items in cardboard boxes or have a lot of paper clutter, it provides a potential food source for silverfish.
- Warm Temperatures: Silverfish prefer temperatures between 70-80°F (21-27°C). If your home provides a consistently warm environment, it may be conducive to silverfish infestations.
- Building Materials: Silverfish can be attracted to certain building materials like wallpaper paste and book bindings, which contain starches and sugars. Older homes with these materials may be more prone to silverfish infestations.
To reduce the likelihood of silverfish in your home, address these factors by:
- Repairing leaks and improving ventilation.
- Using dehumidifiers in damp areas.
- Storing food in airtight containers.
- Keeping your home clean and clutter-free.
- Sealing cracks and gaps where silverfish can enter.
- Using natural or chemical insecticides as needed.
By addressing these issues, you can create an environment that is less attractive to silverfish and reduce the chances of infestations.
What is Our Silverfish Control Process?
- Inspection: Our team will thoroughly inspect your property to identify any areas where silverfish may be hiding. We will check for signs of silverfish activity, such as shed skins and fecal matter, and determine the extent of the infestation.
- Treatment: Once we have identified the source of the infestation, we will use proven methods to eliminate the silverfish from your property. We may use a combination of insecticides, baits, and traps to get rid of these pests.
- Prevention: After we have eliminated the silverfish from your property, we will provide you with tips and advice on how to prevent future infestations. This may include sealing cracks and crevices, reducing moisture levels, and eliminating food sources.
Why Choose City Wide Exterminating?
At City Wide Exterminating, we are committed to providing our customers with the highest level of service and satisfaction. Our team is knowledgeable, experienced, and dedicated to getting the job done right the first time.
We use only the safest and most effective methods for silverfish control, and we guarantee our work. If you are not satisfied with our service, we will work with you until you are.
“My mom started using City Wide over 20 years ago so when we bought a house, they came just to do a sort of maintenance to keep bugs from coming. We have never had an issue and City Wide is a big part of that.”Lesley L.